Good Morning, weekend is nearly upon us and we have a bit of a busy weekend ahead , with birthday's and kids having friends over ...
Last Sunday we had a family meeting, as things have been getting out of hand with kids and behaviour(they use too be once a week), covered things like jobs/pocket money/behaviour. It ended up me in tears cos Braeden doesn't want too hear stuff and Kori my other boy was secretly trying too hold back tears too. Basically for months and months Braeden has become more defiant and demanding which entails long arguements most days, I have tried anything and everything you name it i have tried it...It is like banging against the wall at times. Ya make progress then bam its like you take ten steps back.
Bascially I feel he has trouble expressing himself with out loosing it, his temper is very much short fused, well both Kori and his are (thanks too their dad and me but i can hold it together better lol).If he doesnt get his own way he will hit you and times I have felt like twacking him back. He wants people too respect him and his space then why can't he respect mine when I dont wanna hear from him or want a bit of space too calm the fuck down myself...
Anyway on Monday we had a appointment with 2 professionals and one of them we already knew and the other was there too find out how she could help, anyway Braeden was like really like hard too explain "but would only say yes or no answers", so wasnt showing what needed too be shown,and made the comment that its like an alien is sitting in the chair. I felt like i was on show for a better word of my parenting etc, nearly walked out but didn't..Was totally upfront with her and said, I dont know if it's just him being a teenager/his realtionship with his dad/me/being bullied/relationship with Victor . Its frustrating was my answer. By this time he was asked too leave the room so we could talk and even more questions where asked. Even pointed out the relationship with Braeden is more difficult than with my other 3 boys, I guess because we are on the same page most of the time and we can have fun/laugh.So no closer too getting any answers too anything that is going on with him but saying he is slightly anxious but not overly...
By now your probably going holy smoley im not having any more kids or I wanna put the ones i got back lol...
Right now onto the weight loss, well where do I start, crap eating still no ones fault but my own just being honest, Exercise last week wasnt really going well, this week was much better, Zumba monday, hr walk tues(5km roughly),wednesday (nothing),thursday (hr zumba) and today yet too be done lol..Probably not gonna happen much over the weekend with the birthday's.
Right better get started on the chores as Kori has a friend coming tonight so better get the house presentable lol..
Hugs Huia. Children can be hard sometimes.
ReplyDeleteAwww chick I feel for ya. Can you pm me what type of professional you use? We seriously need it for Dev & he's not even a teenager yet!
ReplyDeleteAs for the eating, I'm back on crap too but too scared to admit it on my blog for fear it'll be used against me LOL.
Sometimes the eating needs to less of a focus than other things. I like to keep up the exercise side though cos it stops me from going totally postal.
Remember, you are totally awesome, dude! And you are a SUPER mum even if you don't feel it at times.
Thanks Rach!AT the moment we have seen about 3 different people...we have been too paed cos it was stomach pains/sore joints, couldnt find anything wrong with him, tried counselling but she suggested it wasnt going too work and their is something different about him but she cant put her finger on it so we saw another lady and support person a few times still no answers lol, then we saw someone else but he wasnt being very co-operative too say the least, and we are seeing an OT this friday and then back too find out what they are thinking maybe up with Braeden.
ReplyDeleteHis behavior can go from calm too unreasonable in a matter of secs lol...got worse in the last few years too be honest so im not sure if its him being a teen or something medically.
Dont blame ya not wanting too put it in but at least you know your being honest with you thats all that matters :)